- Thrifty Nickel is an excellent print advertising source.
- If your area has a local paper, ask if they will allow you to place an ad by the obits or TV section.
- Don’t get to fancy on the ad. If they see a fancy high priced ad, they may overlook it thinking that it is for a fancy high priced apartment.
- The low-income senior may have fewer family members involved in the decision process of their apartment.
- Therefore, the use of the ILS’s (internet listing site) is not on the top of the marketing list.
- Sites for seniors are preferred.
- Build a partnership with the local Senior Center.
- Offer an open house to the members of the senior center.
- Offer support and/or help to the center. Buy and serve the cake for the day they celebrate the birthdays.
- Offer prizes for the Bingo or other game days.
- If the move is during the winter, have a moving company available for them at a discount price.
- Since seniors often do not lease the apartment on their first visit, follow up with the usual thank you card and phone call. But also send them a copy of your community newsletter displaying the events and activities that will be happening the following month.
- Do not be in a hurry when taking them on a tour. Closing on them too soon makes them skeptical, and they may RUN away.
- Tell them about the application process. Advise them about the questions on the application, and explain why you need this information. At the same time, review all the wonderful things they will enjoy from this apartment community for the hassle of the application process.
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
55+ Apartments, now Leasing
Sales, marketing, and customer service for the Multi-Family industry. I have been leasing apartments for over 30 years; yea I started when I was 12! (You know I'm joking right?) I have learned to appreciate the power of treating residents and prospects with good customer service. So much so, I'm going to "run" with it! I Love my family and hanging out with friends. My favorite thing is to take a cruise with them all!
3 Habits of Highly Memorable Leasing Professional When your customer walks out of your leasing office, they will often remember the small...
How many prospective apartment rental applications have you processed? Ok, so you may have no idea, but it may be a truckload and more. ...
Ok, so there is a great deal to be said about plain ol’ common courtesy; but I will save some time and not go into a great deal here and no...